Thursday, January 19, 2012

Discover Dijon: Velodi

Dijon, the capital of Burgundy, is a very cycle friendly city. Public bikes are available for residents and tourists at more than 40 bike stands in the city centre allowing you to pick a bike and then leave it at another stand.
Les Dijonnais call them Velodi (velo for bike and di for Dijon) In Paris you can find Vélib and in Lyon Velov.




All you need is an access to the internet and a credit card: you will get an access number and a pin for 1 €. 
Using Velodi is free for the first 30 minutes, which is great. For a bus ticket you need to pay 1€ per direction.




Come on over and discover Dijon with Velodi!!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! You get to have a more linient mode of transportation AND work out at the same time! J'adore! Surtout que je suis une accro du vélo XD

    Oh and thank you for stopping by my page. I really gotta try your hair mask!

    Bisous d'Oklahoma!

    www.kalieta.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. you re welcome!! let me know how it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so cool!! I love riding bikes through cities in Europe...In the US, not so much lol. People will run you over

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos!
    Thank you so much for following me and following you back in return =)
    @MyLyfeMyStory

    My Lyfe ; My Story


    ReplyDelete